This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Tapatalk

This forum is for non code-based questions, best practises, IDEs, version control tools, work opportunities, etc.

Tapatalk

by DBA_Alex » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:40 am

Just curious if there's been any discussion for enabling Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com) on the forum now that phpBB is being used.

For those who've never heard of it (I myself just found out about it today), Tapatalk is an app that will interface with a forum and allow access to the forum via smartphones. It would be handy because I always have my phone around, and would probably use it more than my pc to post.

Just a thought ;)
Currently Using
---------------------------
Symfony 1.4/Doctrine 1.2
MySQL 5.1
DBA_Alex
Faithful Member

Re: Tapatalk

by halfer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:51 am

None, as far as I know - I think everyone is just pleased we've got a better board :)

I wonder what the security track record of this system is - it could be a way to add vulnerabilities to the board. Do they have a track record of releasing updates to their server-side plugins?
halfer
Faithful Member

by DBA_Alex » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:09 pm

From my wanderings of the Interwebs, it seems they are pretty responsive when it comes to security flaws - fixing in a matter of days to a week.

On the plus side, it's free to set up and only like $3 for the client for those that want full support. The app also interfaces with the security of the forum - meaning that it will act just as if someone logged in up here.
Currently Using
Symfony 1.4/Doctrine 1.2
MySQL 5.1
DBA_Alex
Faithful Member

by halfer » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:49 am

OK, thanks for the input. I'm not opposed to this sort of thing, but it would depend on Fabien's time and the level of demand.

If anyone else would be keen to post via smartphone, now's the time to speak up :)
halfer
Faithful Member

by DBA_Alex » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Cool - just hope more folks are interested in it. :D~:-D~:grin:
Currently Using
Symfony 1.4/Doctrine 1.2
MySQL 5.1
DBA_Alex
Faithful Member

by nsolsen » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:55 pm

It's been a while since this came up.. I recently started using Tapatalk, and the forum user experience is really enhanced when accessing forums from a smartphone. So I am definitely interested in this.

I'm not sure how much work is needed to support this, but according to Tapatalk it is a simple matter of "enabling" it.
nsolsen

by codejak » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Is anyone still considering this?
codejak

by jmacguire » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:00 am

hey nsolsen I totally agree with you if they enabling it, that would be a good experience.
jmacguire

by miliksitek » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:27 pm

codejak wrote:Is anyone still considering this?

I am refreshing this question :)
miliksitek