An established Vancouver company is searching for an experienced Symfony2 developer for a one-year contract. The successful candidate will join a small team and work in an environment is starting some new projects in Symfony2.
You’ll need to be an excellent problem-solver and have the ability to work with a small team. We don’t typically code to spec, so you will need to be able to operate independently and do some analysis.
The work environment is a fun, relaxed office with an unlimited supply of Red Bull. Our main development products are web-based tools for our internal users, mainly in the realm of data analysis.
- 3+ years’ experience coding object-oriented PHP, ideally using an MVC framework
- Experience working with MySQL, particularly very large data sets
- Proficiency with jQuery
- AJAX skills would be nice
- Experience with Doctrine would be an asset
- Experience in an environment using versioning software (i.e., SVN or Git)
- Basic HTML/CSS abilities
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience working as part of an Agile team would be an asset
- MS Access/VBA experience not required, but would be an asset
Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks!