This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Symfony2 developer needed - Vancouver, Canada

This forum is for non code-based questions, best practises, IDEs, version control tools, work opportunities, etc.

Symfony2 developer needed - Vancouver, Canada

by JasonMcLean » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:36 pm

An established Vancouver company is searching for an experienced Symfony2 developer for a one-year contract. The successful candidate will join a small team and work in an environment is starting some new projects in Symfony2.

You’ll need to be an excellent problem-solver and have the ability to work with a small team. We don’t typically code to spec, so you will need to be able to operate independently and do some analysis.

The work environment is a fun, relaxed office with an unlimited supply of Red Bull. Our main development products are web-based tools for our internal users, mainly in the realm of data analysis.

Required skills:
- 3+ years’ experience coding object-oriented PHP, ideally using an MVC framework
- Experience working with MySQL, particularly very large data sets
- Proficiency with jQuery
- AJAX skills would be nice
- Experience with Doctrine would be an asset
- Experience in an environment using versioning software (i.e., SVN or Git)
- Basic HTML/CSS abilities
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience working as part of an Agile team would be an asset
- MS Access/VBA experience not required, but would be an asset

Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks!
JasonMcLean

Re: Symfony2 developer needed - Vancouver, Canada

by Abony » Mon May 07, 2012 3:44 am

Would you consider hiring on the remote? Because if you do, I know a great site where you can find a web developer.
Abony

by JasonMcLean » Tue May 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Sorry, no. I need someone to physically be in our office for this position. Thanks though!
JasonMcLean

by MichaelSauter » Wed May 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Do you consider employing people from overseas (Germany)? I'd be interested!
MichaelSauter

by JasonMcLean » Thu May 10, 2012 5:52 pm

MichaelSauter wrote:Do you consider employing people from overseas (Germany)? I'd be interested!

Unfortunately I need the successful applicant to physically live and work in Vancouver - we also don't have the time frame to wait for immigration etc., as it is an immediate need.

So we need either a Canadian citizen or someone with a Canadian work visa.
JasonMcLean

by jimmybrion » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:02 pm

If you are interested, You can look into Development firms who provide Symfony 2 services. In companies like vEmployee, Symfony developers are immediately available for hire. You can touch with them if you are interested to hire some offshore symfony2 guys. http://www.vemployee.us/hire-symfony-developers.html
jimmybrion

by iosfaisal » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:42 pm

Lol just a side note. Unlimited supply of redbulls may not be good for your health in the long run. Just my two cents :)
iosfaisal

by JasonMcLean » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:51 am

iosfaisal wrote:Lol just a side note. Unlimited supply of redbulls may not be good for your health in the long run. Just my two cents :)

Yes, I don't encourage anyone to try to break the consumption record or anything like that. :)

FYI I am again looking to hire a Symfony2 developer in Vancouver - shiny new office in Gastown - let me know if you're interested.
JasonMcLean

by awebuzz » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello,

Are you still looking? I am based in Toronto (Mississauga) but would love to relocate (considering weather :p here) to Vancouver.

I am sure, i can be a really good match (except Doctrine). I can show you several projects i developed on my own if you're interested.

Look forward to your reply.
awebuzz