This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Do I have all the tables?

Notes and reports about symfony 1.0.x stable

Do I have all the tables?

by eurico » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:46 am

I'm quiet new to this so kindly bear with me.

I have the files for a site that which now needs to be restored on a new server.

I have a mysql dump of the former database which I've imported into the new mysql server. It contains exactly one table. I came [my_project]/config/schema.yml and it described the one table that I have plus several others.

Since its not likely that I'm going to get any more information on the origins of this data, I am almost certainly limited to working with what I have.

Is there a way to determine if I have the whole db?

If I don't have all the data:
How will the site break once online if its not(will I be able to view pages with missing data or not be able to view them at all)?
Is there a way to import the yml schema to an sql dump?

I'm grateful for any help!

Old server: sf 1.0.17 (svn install) mysql 4.1 php 5.x
New server: sf 1.0.17 (pear install) mysql 5.1 php 5.2.6
eurico

Re: Do I have all the tables?

by eurico » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi everyone,

It turned out that the site I was given to resurrect and the mysql dump I was given were for different sites and that the schema.yml for the site I was given was correct. When I finally got the project running, I found the sql warnings were sufficient for me to build a few tables manually and get the site running. I tried to use the propel yml to schema converter but it complained about there not being a database name in the schema but I could find nothing that showed me how to fix the schema so the converter would like it. Perhaps upgrading to 1.0.22 (or something) would help with that!
eurico