This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Prototype library does not work with Opera 9.0

Notes and reports about symfony 1.0.x stable

Prototype library does not work with Opera 9.0

by nautilebleu » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:25 am

After updating, Script.aculo.us effects don't work with Opera 9.0 but work with IE7 and FF 2.0.

It's seems that the Prototype library provided with the beta does not manage correctly Opera. If I replace the Prototype.js file by the one used on Script.aculo.us (and not the one downloadable from the site), it works again, even with the script.aculo.us files of the beta.

So, it's clearly a bug from Prototype, but as symfony provides Prototype and since it will be corrected, I think the team should downgrade to 1.4.

I look to post a ticket on the Prototype website but I can't find the bug report or a forum on http://prototype.conio.net/

<edit>
I see that Script.aculo.us 1.7 beta is out and work with Opera on the demo website. It use Prototype 1.5RC2 and not 1.5RC1 like the symfony beta 1.0.
</edit>
all about me
t-shirts
nautilebleu
Faithful Member

Re: Prototype library does not work with Opera 9.0

by tamcy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:45 pm

This issue has already been reported and fixed in the latest svn.
http://www.symfony-project.com/trac/ticket/1162
tamcy
Faithful Member

Re: Prototype library does not work with Opera 9.0

by calythane » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:22 am

Why do women sing male roles in opera? I went to see the Marriage of Figaro the other night and one of the male roles was played by a woman. I would not have cared if I couldn't tell but it was obvious. It might not be as bad if she were an alto but she was a Mezzo-soprano. I never believed her as a man. The was at the Met Opera in New York City so I assume they can have their pick of performers.