This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Look for a full user guide for User Management Plugins

Questions relating to sfGuardPlugin or other user management plugins

Look for a full user guide for User Management Plugins

by ngkung » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:24 am

Well, symfony is great in web application development for web developer. However, I found a lot of people got lost in user managment, especially in sfDoctrineGuardPlugin.

I am new to symfony. It is easy for me to start my application development. However, it really takes time to go through user managment plugins. It works like a blackbox to me. A lot of people is discussing here about how to use it.

Is it possible to have a user guide on this part? It is extremely important to all developers here. It shouldn't be a guessing game. Or it is really disappointing to learn it through pieces of words from users here.

I really get lost in whether to start with user management first rather than other parts of my application. To me, I really want to start with user management so that I have a clear picture in mind in every step I follow. However, it becomes a hurdle to me.

Howard
ngkung

Re: Look for a full user guide for User Management Plugins

by rmm » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:48 pm

I agree to you. I am also a complete beginner in symfony and as I was reading a lot of tutorials it gives me a hard time in configuring and making work of User Management.
rmm