This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Cannot Install Plugins

Questions relating to sfGuardPlugin or other user management plugins

Cannot Install Plugins

by rmm » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:31 pm

I am a complete beginner in symfony. I wanted to try the plugins but I cannot install any of these. I have a problem in pear installation. Is there anyway that I can install a plugin without using pear or internet? I wanted to use sfDoctrineGuard. Is there a way to install this w/o internet? And by the way, what is best to use? propel or doctrine. Thank you very much for your help.
rmm

Re: Cannot Install Plugins

by rmm » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:18 pm

After reading a lot of tutorials I finally installed sfDoctrineGuard in my application.
However I have a question. I already have a user table in my MySQL database, now after installing sfDoctrine, it created sf_guard_user table......

1. What would now I do to create a user account? Would I drop my user table and just use the sf_guard_user for Account Management?

2. Correct me If i am wrong, In the sfDoctrineGuard plugin, it does not have a template for creating users right?

3. I am doing a simple social network for my project. Please give me some tips. Thank you!
rmm