This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

sfGuard and advanced (custom) permissions

Questions relating to sfGuardPlugin or other user management plugins

sfGuard and advanced (custom) permissions

by RobinKanters » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently building a web application for which website administrators can register their website. They'll be able to add multiple domain names that belong to that website, as well as sub items (think of them as blog articles) that will belong to the website.
Also, the administrator must be able to add users (employees?), that can access those articles.

My problem begins here. How can I manage the permissions for those users if I want to let the administrator decide whether, for example, user A can edit or delete (or both) article A, but not article B. User B, could perhaps edit article A, but not delete it, while it can edit AND delete article B.

I am calling the model 'article' for the sake of not revealing my idea, but the 'articles' aren't gonna be created as often as actual blog articles. Administrators will probably have 1, maybe 2 or 3 'articles' per website.

I've searched very long for any kind of solution to this, but it seems like it isn't documented very well.

Many thanks in advance!
Robin Kanters
RobinKanters

Re: sfGuard and advanced (custom) permissions

by RobinKanters » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:34 am

I think I may have something but I don't quite know how to work this out.
Maybe I can create a custom permissions model which would keep track of relationships between sfGuardUser, sfGuardPermission and an article ID. The problem is, what if users can practice a permission on all articles from a particular website? A seperate model? An extra column website ID, and fill in website ID xor article ID?

Please help me in this.
Robin.
RobinKanters