This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Are you using the sfExtjsThemePlugin? (feedback request)

Forum to discuss ExtJS and other JS plugins

Are you using the sfExtjsThemePlugin?

Yes
38%
I want to, but... (please explain in short)
38%
No
23%
What is the sfExtjsThemePlugin?
No votes

Total votes : 13

Are you using the sfExtjsThemePlugin? (feedback request)

by lvanderree » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:52 pm

Hello all,

With the help of the community, I've created the sfExtjsThemePlugin. I made this during my graduation-project to see if the development time of applications can be reduced, while keeping the usability, flexibility and possibilities of these applications high.

I think we now have reached a point where the sfExtjsThemePlugin gets really usable, even though it still isn't finished (don't know if it can ever be finished). There are some points which still need some improvement, some points which can use improvement and enough todos to make it even better but the beginning is there.

At the moment you can create ExtJs powered grids (lists) and forms (edit-pages). The columns (resp. fields) can contain display-values from related-tables all definable directly from withing your generator.yml-file.

Edit-panels can contain tab-pages (recursively) and fieldsets. You can even use grids (lists) from other modules and use them as fields inside your edit-form (although at the moment this would require some custom code), showing related items (one voyage can contain multiple ETAs, one assignment can contain multiple invoices, one parcel can contain multiple Bills of Lading).

For more info see the wiki: http://trac.symfony-project.org/wiki/sfExtjsThemePlugin (not finished either) or take a look at my live demo at: http://tejohnston.dynora.eu/ (login with admin and admin) almost everything is defined in the generator.yml files of my modules.

I am interested to hear if you are using this plugin. If so what you do with it, if not why not. And of course who you are/for which company you use it. I would like to add this info to my thesis, so feedback of why you are/aren't using is welcome, also mention things you like/don't like about it when you use it would be great!

For questions about how to use the plugin, please ask me in the other forum: http://www.symfony-project.org/forum/index.php?t=rview&g oto=56780&th=5650
or meet me at IRC (see wiki)
Leon
lvanderree
Faithful Member

Re: Are you using the sfExtjsThemePlugin? (feedback request)

by lvanderree » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm

Name: Leon van der Ree
Company: TU Delft
User: yes, obviously
Project: Graduation Project: Creating custom business software
Remarks: none
Leon
lvanderree
Faithful Member

by trak » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:10 pm

I would love to use the ExtTheme, but right now is somehow unstable for us. I've tried several times and ran into problems. Now I see that it doesn't work with symfony 1.1. What I think would be awesome is to integrate it with the Form system, that way we could render all the widgets (and the form) with Ext, that would be even more useful since the future admin generator will use the new Form system, therefore one can do any kind of form using Ext. Currently we're developing an sport event management system and all our form and grids are written using Ext. This plugin could really help us in the future or in other projects, but the 1.0 requirement it's very tough right now.

Ivan
trak

by lvanderree » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:27 pm

Leon
lvanderree
Faithful Member