This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Noob question regarding sfJqueryReloadedPlugin

Forum to discuss ExtJS and other JS plugins

Noob question regarding sfJqueryReloadedPlugin

by xdreucker » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:03 am

Hi,

I already installed the plugin via the console
symfony plugin:install sfJqueryReloadedPlugin

How do I get this thing to work? I already followed the instruction
from the readme, I always got this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function jq_submit_to_remote() in...

am I missing something, please help.

Regards :(~ :-(~ :sad: ,
xdreucker

Re: Noob question regarding sfJqueryReloadedPlugin

by maker » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:47 am

Maybe you should try to read it again from the beginning to the end and don't miss the important part Basic Syntax. :roll:
maker

by Russ » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:58 pm

What Maker is trying to say (somewhat unhelpfully - since the documentation is actually incomplete) is that you probably haven't loaded the helpers for that plugin.

You can do this globally in settings.yml by listing "jQuery" amongst the "standard_helpers" or you can load it when you need it in each individual template by calling:

Code: Select all
<?php use_helper("jQuery"); ?>

It could be an idea to raise a ticket for the plugin maintainers, as this is missing from their readme page (although a placeholder exists).

Note: I really hate unnecessary "RTFM" style "answers" on forums and chat rooms. If you don't have an actual answer, don't reply - as there are plenty of people here who will.
*On Freenode I am rooster*
Russ
Faithful Member

by maker » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:52 pm

Either you teach them how to read the documentation and understand some basic of elemental knowledge or you will try to help them and help them again and again in the noob kind approach. It is very annoying and as I remember there is also a sticky section in this forum which is explaining exactly what question should be asked and when. I liked to help people who don't understand something or have stuck with some problem but no before they are completely sure that they have read the documentation. And the docs for sfJqueryReloadedPlugin are fine, using helpers is described in symfony documentation so again RTFM. It is so easy and cost you nothing. Thats all thank you very much.
maker