This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Install into subdirectory

Discussion relating to version 1.2.x stable

Install into subdirectory

by rernst » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:39 am

I coded my app using Wamp under Windows. It works fine. I uploaded the code to my own web server, installed the alias, installed into web root and everything works fine (after a little bit of tinkering with directory specificatiosn in a few files).

However, now I have the following scenario:

I am to install the code into a subdirectory on a server which already has a CMS install. Therefore, I cannot install into the root directory. However, I can place the web directory into a subdirectory, i.e. /symfony. I froze the code and uploaded it and unfroze it. I then pointed my browser at http://.../symfony/web and nothing appears. Part of the problem is that after the unfreeze my ProjectConfiguration.class.php contains:
Code: Select all
require_once 'C:\symfony-1.2.9\lib/autoload/sfCoreAutoload.class.php';
which I think is a bug. So I update the file to specify the correct path (/sf is installed alongside public_html, so the path to index.php is /home/xxx/public_html/symfony/web/index.php and the path to ProjectConfiguration.class.php is /home/xxx/sf/lib/autoload/sfCoreAutoload.class.php'. I give 777 permissions to the cache and log directories.

Now I get the welcome page but without the graphics. The code is looking for /symfony/web/sf/sf_default/images/sfTLogo.png. How do I talk it into looking in the right place? Do I need to move my /sf directory (see above for location). Note that the /sf directory is aliased to the web /sf directory, i.e. http://www.../sf will go to the sf base install.

I know that sounds a bit confusing but I am confused myself.
rernst

Re: Install into subdirectory

by itestense » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:10 pm

How did you solve the problem?
itestense