This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Day 3 |generated-schema-transformed.xml Invalid document end

Discussion around this tutorial for symfony 1.2-1.4

Day 3 |generated-schema-transformed.xml Invalid document end

by GianniErre » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:31 pm

I am trying to follow jobeet's tutorial using Centos guest on a Windows host with VirtualBox, and for some reason I cannot copy and paste or attach any file so I can just attach some screenshhots - the only way I could think of to make up with this would be sending an email with an attachment through mutt or mail but I could not get it to work so far.

Anyway, the problem I'm having seems not to be much different from the one in this other thread http://forum.symfony-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23086&p=85888&hilit=jobeet+invalid+document+end#p85888, that is when I launch

Code: Select all
./symfony propel:build --sql

I end up with a Phing error code saying

Code: Select all
jobeet/config/generated-schema-trasnformed.xml:2:1 Invalid document end

build-propel.xml:182.22: Execution of the target buildfile failed. Aborted.

As I said I cannot paste the output of Linux shell, yet I have noticed there are a bunch of occurrences of PHP Strict Standards error messages like " the /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in jobeet/lib/vendor/
In fact there are so many error messages I am pretty much clueless about I don't know where to start.

I tried instaling PropelORMPlugin instead of PropelPlugin following this tutorial http://www.symfony-project.org/plugins/sfPropelORMPlugin but something went wrong apparently so I had to revert to PropelPlugin.

Since I am not able to copy and paste my /config/schema.yml file here's a couple of screenshots that cover the entirety of the text.

Thanks for your time!
GianniErre

Re: Day 3 |generated-schema-transformed.xml Invalid document

by GianniErre » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:33 am

I forgot to specify, my PHP running version is 5.5.10, Zend Engine v2.5.0, ZendOpCache v7.0.3.

Is it possible that PHP v.5.5.10 is causing all those PHP Strict Syntax error messages?
GianniErre

by GianniErre » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Update

Now I am able to edit my project folder from Windows using Samba, and I have tried right away to copy and paste schema.ymlfrom the official tutorial http://symfony.com/legacy/doc/jobeet/1_4/en/03?orm=Propelinto my local file, but launching ./symfony propel:build --sql still does not work, so apparently the problem was not there.

By the way now I am able to copy and paste here any configuration file of my jobeet folder .
GianniErre

by GianniErre » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:03 am

I've just opened frontend_dev.php on Firefox, and thie error message springs up as shown in the screenshot:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gianni/workspace/jobeet/lib/vendor/symfony/lib/response/sfWebResponse.class.php on line 409

So I replace preg_replace with preg_replace_callback, but when I refresh the page another error message is displayed

Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, ''-'.strtoupper('\1')', to be a valid callback in /home/gianni/workspace/jobeet/lib/vendor/symfony/lib/response/sfWebResponse.class.php on line 409

I guess there may be some compatibility issues, but what should I change in my configuration?
GianniErre

by GianniErre » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Since it seems that there are some incompatiblities issues with symfony 1.4 and PHP 5.5, I was thinking that downgrading to some previous PHP version instead, like 5.4 or older, would fix all these issues, but so far I haven't been able to make it.

I've tried downloading PHP 4 and then launching yum downgrade PHP* but it doen't work, my PHP version is still 5.5, any tips?
GianniErre