This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

propel build problem (Win32FileSystem::compare())

Discussion relating to version 1.3.x and 1.4.x

propel build problem (Win32FileSystem::compare())

by marosffy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi!

I have some well-established projects running for years. Somethimes they need smaller upgrades concerning database and model, as well. Some weeks ago the normal propel:build-model command worked. Now it gives an error:

PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of Win32FileSystem::compare() should be compatible with FileSystem::compare($f1, $f2)...

As far as I know, I changed nothing, this error came without any reason I can imagine. Googling it suggested it could be an outdated phing version, but I still cannot understand why it appears now (this phing error was fixed 3 years ago in version 2.4.7) and - even worse - I have no idea how to get phing version or how to update it.

And will it solve the problem? Has anyone came across it?

I also tried it with different symfony versions (1.38, 1.4.15, 1.4.20) and even with a fresh demo project. It is just the same. I am quite desperate for I am unable to update my projects now (they are far too complex to migrate them to 2.x).

Thanks for any idea!
marosffy