Hi all. I think it is worth offering some good-practise ideas again on helping the symfony discussion forum to run smoothly. We have a high ratio of learners to experts, which means that (a) people who help need clear questions, and (b) it would be great to have more helpers!
Accordingly, if you are asking a question, please:
- provide as much detail as you can in a short post
- state your symfony version, OS platform, db platform and PHP version as appropriate (put these in your sig, if you like)
- only add relevant code/conf files - the whole of httpd.conf/php.ini is rarely necessary
- use [code] tags to format code
- when you become more confident, help others if you can. Consider this the 'price' of receiving help!
- be polite and respectful of each other
For more experienced devs, it would be great to see more people helping. Since 1.3/1.4 was released, and since the pre-release of 2.0, there has been many more people interested in trying symfony, and some questions do go unanswered. Accordingly if you have become proficient in a particular area, if you can periodically answer a quick question to people who need it, I am sure the community would benefit overall.
Many thanks to the folks who already help out