This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Multiple databases / environments

Discuss installing Symfony 2 here

Multiple databases / environments

by isomis » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 am

I have a question about multiple databases. I'am working right now on a application where there are different organisation environments. A super user can access every organisation environment, but there are also users that only can access a particulair environment. Every environment (organisation) have his own data, but the functionalities are the same. I want to avoid that i need to set for every functionality / table the organisation_id.

Example functionalities for every organisation environment are:
- users
- projects
- mediamanager

So my idea is to make for every organisatie a new database. A super user can access every database (organisation) and can create a new database (organisation). A user of a organisation can only view one database (organisation). Its almost the same how phpmyadmin works or podio (podio.com).

My question is of someone knows a tutorial how to make this?
isomis

Re: Multiple databases / environments

by tiagojsag » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:00 am

Hi,

It looks like you need to use ACLs, not multiple databases. There's a book chapter on that.
If you still want to use multiple databases, there was a discussion going on in here a couple of weeks ago regarding an implementation like yours. The search field is your friend ;)

cheers
Tiago Garcia
@tiagojsag

Core Web Developer @ Shopware
http://www.shopware.de
tiagojsag
Faithful Member