This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Composer install problem.

Discuss installing Symfony 2 here

Composer install problem.

by aguzman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Hello, I am new to the community, I think that the framework is very good. My experience with Symfony is really short, with version 1.x I took some lessons from internet, but now I want to start all over again and I've been failing to get a proper installation of the framework.
First let me give you some information about the environment where I'm installing.
My OS is debian testing.
Apache 2.x: I have created a virtual host that will respond to the future web folder in the Symfony project.
I'm behind a proxy that requires authentication.
I've been trying to follow the book: http://symfony.com/doc/current/book/installation.html
I have installed composer after configuring proxy auth like this:
Code: Select all
root@khs01wxl001:/var/www# curl -s https://getcomposer.org/installer | php
#!/usr/bin/env php
All settings correct for using Composer
Downloading...

Composer successfully installed to: /var/www/composer.phar
Use it: php composer.phar
root@khs01wxl001:/var/www#

Every thing seems to be fine so the next step is to install symfony, the book says "$ php composer.phar create-project symfony/framework-standard-edition /path/to/webroot/Symfony 2.3.0" so I execute:
Code: Select all
Use it: php composer.phar
root@khs01wxl001:/var/www# php composer.phar create-project symfony/framework-standard-edition /var/www/Symfony

[ErrorException]     
  Undefined offset: 3 

create-project [-s|--stability="..."] [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--repository-url="..."] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--keep-vcs] [package] [directory] [version]

root@khs01wxl001:/var/www#

let me say that the folder /var/www/Symfony is a new empty folder where I want to store my project and as you may see I'm doing the process as root, so I have privileges on the folder.
Regards and thanks in advanced
Abel Guzman
Web + Network
www.abelworld.com
aguzman