This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Installation error

Discuss installing Symfony 2 here

Installation error

by lwevin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi,

I'm currently trying to install Symfony 2.4.0 on my computer, following the README.md.

Everything runs fine on this page : http://localhost/symfony/web/config.php
The link "Configure your Symfony Application online" seems broken anyway : I get an error
Code: Select all
FatalErrorException: Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/symfony/app/cache/dev/classes.php line 2311

dev.log on symfony log doesn't show any error, but apache logs starts with a warning which I assume to be the cause of the fatal error :
PHP Warning:  Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The "web_profiler.controller.profiler:homeAction" controller is not a valid "a:b:c" controller string.' in /var/www/symfony/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Bundle/FrameworkBundle/Controller/ControllerNameParser.php:50\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/symfony/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Bundle/FrameworkBundle/Routing/DelegatingLoader.php(63): Symfony\\Bundle\\FrameworkBundle\\Controller\\ControllerNameParser->parse('web_profiler.co...')\n#1 /var/www/symfony/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Bundle/FrameworkBundle/Routing/Router.php(54): Symfony\\Bundle\\FrameworkBundle\\Routing\\DelegatingLoader->load('/var/www/symfon...', NULL)\n#2 /var/www/symfony/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Routing/Router.php(321): Symfony\\Bundle\\FrameworkBundle\\Routing\\Router->getRouteCollection()\n#3 /var/www/symfony/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Routing/Router.php(254): Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\Router->getMatcherDumperInstance()\n#4 /var/www/symfony/vendo in /var/www/symfony/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Bundle/FrameworkBundle/Controller/ControllerNameParser.php on line 50, referer: http://localhost/symfony/web/config.php

The function parse of ControllerNameParser fails on the first call, with argument "web_profiler.controller.profiler:toolbarAction", which doesn't effectively follow an a:b:c form.
If I grep this string on symfony project, I get only one occurence in vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Bundle/WebProfilerBundle/Resources/config/routing/wdt.xml.

I'm on a Debian 7.2 with php 5.5.7.
Tried on two computers (both with same configuration), with the same error.

Any help will be much appreciated !
lwevin

Re: Installation error

by smugford » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:11 am

odd it works for me even on my crappy windows box.

all it does is walk you through configuring the parameters.yml file anyway.

what I would do is skip it and configuring the parameters.yml file manually.

app/config/parameters.yml:

parameters:
database_driver: pdo_mysql
database_host: 127.0.0.1
database_port: null
database_name: yourawesomedatabase
database_user: root
database_password: null
mailer_transport: smtp
mailer_host: 127.0.0.1
mailer_user: null
mailer_password: null
locale: en
secret: shhitsasecret
database_path: null
smugford
Faithful Member

by Fike » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:44 am

I'm having the very same issue. I can get output only if i request config.php or if i'm filling response by hand in controller. Current setup:
lubuntu 13.10 x64 i3-2370m/4gb ram/ssd
nginx 1.4.1 / php5.5.3 via php-fpm
apache 2.4.6 / php5.5.3 via mod_php
when i've tried it through apache for the first time my kswapd went crazy and took 100% of my cpu, i've seen thing like this for the first time.
I can see where does this error come from (because controller is expected to have two colons while it has only one), i don't get it why it stalls for {{time_limit}} seconds. If i change routes in /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Bundle/WebProfilerBundle/Resources/config/routing/wdt.xml and profiler.xml into something like WebProfiler:Profiler:toolbar, i get the following trace:
1 in {{project dir}}/symfony/app/bootstrap.php.cache line 2325
2 at ErrorHandler->handleFatalError('exceptionHandler' => 'class Symfony\Component\Debug\ExceptionHandler { private $debug = TRUE; private $charset = 'UTF-8' }', 'error' => 'array ('type' => 1, 'message' => 'Maximum execution time of 5 seconds exceeded', 'file' => '{{project dir}}/app/bootstrap.php.cache', 'line' => 2325)') in {{project dir}}/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Debug/ErrorHandler.php line 212
3 at ErrorHandler->handleFatal() in {{project dir}}/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Debug/ErrorHandler.php line 0
4 at Kernel->getBundle('name' => ''WebProfiler'', 'first' => 'FALSE') in {{project dir}}/app/cache/dev/classes.php line 2323
5 at ControllerNameParser->parse('controller' => ''WebProfiler:Profiler:toolbar'') in {{project dir}}/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Bundle/FrameworkBundle/Routing/DelegatingLoader.php line 63
Fike

by lwevin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Up.
Installed last week symfony 2.5.2, same problem.
But I finally found the cause of the problem, caused by the xdebug extension.
More specifically, the xdebug.collect_params, which I had assigned to 2 (show the parameters of functions called in a tooltip), seems to collect a huge amount of data (more than 3Gb, caused by a recursive call somewhere, I guess) if memory_limit = -1 (which was my case...), and ultimately, cause the freezing of the computer.

Everything works fine with letting the default value to this parameter.

Hope this helps.
lwevin

by alexglue » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:42 pm

lwevin wrote:Up.
Installed last week symfony 2.5.2, same problem.
But I finally found the cause of the problem, caused by the xdebug extension.
More specifically, the xdebug.collect_params, which I had assigned to 2 (show the parameters of functions called in a tooltip), seems to collect a huge amount of data (more than 3Gb, caused by a recursive call somewhere, I guess) if memory_limit = -1 (which was my case...), and ultimately, cause the freezing of the computer.

Everything works fine with letting the default value to this parameter.

Hope this helps.

I have the same problem on symfony 2.6.1 & 2.3. (xdebug.collect_params = 2)
Thank you A LOT for this comment! It's save my life =)
alexglue