This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Connection was reset problem during install

Discuss installing Symfony 2 here

Connection was reset problem during install

by vincum » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Symfony installation. I've tried both downloading the tar.gz and Composer routes, but each time when I call app_dev.php I get the connection was reset during loading page.

Calling from commandline php app/config.php gives me all OK list. I'm using Apache 2.4.4 and PHP 5.4.23 on a Linux box.

I've tried placing Symfony files under /var/www/html/Symfony and directly /var/www/html/. Both times the same issue. I'm not getting any errors from Apache. I've checked /var/log/httpd. I'm just not getting anywhere with this. I've tried installing Symfony 2.4.2 and 2.3.10 and each time the result is the same.

I'm running other frameworks on the server with no issues, so I really need some insight from Symfony community.

Please help.

Vince
vincum

Re: Connection was reset problem during install

by nymo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:38 am

Have you checked if the folder app/cache and app/logs is writable from your webserver? Have you check the error logs? What error message do you have there? Keep in mind that app_dev.php is only accessable through localhost.
nymo