I'm new to Symfony and have been trying to get through the Symfony Quick Tour (http://symfony.com/doc/current/quick_to ... cture.html) in order to get a handle on things, but I'm coming up against some problems.
First to explain my setup:
- Developing on Windows 7
- PHP 5.3.23 (manually installed)
- Apache 2.4 (manually installed)
- Using PhpStorm 7.1.3
So I have Apache and PHP working fine and I have successfully created the Quick Tour project both via the command line and via PhpStorm. Here's where I ran into problems.
- http://localhost:8000 won't work, but I'm assuming that is because of my PHP version and that Apache isn't configured to listen on port 8000. Anyone like to tell me if I'm on the right track here?
- As I have other PHP projects installed in my Apache root, I have deployed the Quick Tour project to "http://localhost/test-symfony" as opposed to the web root. With that aside, the tour implies I should get redirected to the output of http://localhost/test-symfony/web/app_dev.php if I just call http://localhost/test-symfony/. Instead, I get the file listing for the root of the project.
- If I call web http://localhost/test-symfony/web/app_dev.php, things load up fine. However, if I carry on with the Quick Tour and try http://localhost/test-symfony/demo/hello/sound_man, I'm once again thwarted by mapping not working .
I'm obviously missing something here, but I'm at a loss to find out what and I'm not quite familiar with the terminology to properly Google up the issue.
Does Symfony just not like it if it's not in the web root?