This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

IOException' with message 'Unable to create symlink

Discuss installing Symfony 2 here

IOException' with message 'Unable to create symlink

by gianski » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:55 am

I'm trying to install a learning management software (claroline connect) on my localhost. I'm using XAMPP and PHP5.5.9..
Before the installation, the software requires me to enable php fileinfo so I went to php.ini and uncommented "extension=php_fileinfo.dll"
in order to proceed to the installation. And right after filling up additional database information, during the installation, error occured:

Code: Select all
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Exception\IOException' with message 'Unable to create symlink due to error code 1314: 'A required privilege is not held by the client'. Do you have the required Administrator-rights?' in C:\xampp\htdocs\archive\vendor\symfony\symfony\src\Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem.php:293 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\archive\vendor\symfony\symfony\src\Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Command\AssetsInstallCommand.php(102): Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem->symlink('C:\xampp\htdocs...', 'C:/xampp/htdocs...') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\archive\vendor\symfony\symfony\src\Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command.php(241): Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Command\AssetsInstallCommand->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArrayInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\NullOutput)) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\archive\vendor\claroline\core-bundle\Claroline\CoreBundle\Library\Installation\Refresher.php(70): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\ in C:\xampp\htdocs\archive\vendor\symfony\symfony\src\Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem.php on line 293

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
gianski