This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Moving a project over from Kohana

Discuss installing Symfony 2 here

Moving a project over from Kohana

by J-who » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Hello all!

I've been working with Kohana for the last 2 years but finally made the switch over to Symfony. I've been using Symfony for about 2 months now at work, and slowly starting to gasp everything.

Little bit about my project:
I'm creating a hour tracking/invoicing SaaS, mostly for personal use and experience. The beta version of the site was built with Kohana 3.3 and is roughly 35-50% done.
Also hoping to build a mobile app for it one day down the road. I am the only one working on this project and in building it in my spare time. I'm "hoping" to bring on a friend or two down the road.

Questions:
How should I be setting up bundles? I've done a fair amount of research on this topic, but I'm still not too sure how I should be tackling this. I don't really plan on reusing any of the features on other projects (maybe reuse the basics of the site?). Would I just place everything in one generic bundle (or even use a bundle?)

A couple ideas:
- font end(pre login), back end(after login) and admin cms bundles
or split it up even more?
-timesheets, invoicing, employees, etc

Switching from to MVC style to symfony, should I be moving my "business logic" over to services?

I had a couple other questions, but for the life of me I cannot remember them, so I'll leave it here :). Thanks in advance!
J-who