This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

No route found for "GET /" on app_dev.php

Discuss installing Symfony 2 here

No route found for "GET /" on app_dev.php

by angelogrieco » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:46 pm

hi all,
I'm new on SF, trying my first install.
Yesterday evening after struggling quite a bit I've managed to get it working. Today after trying to install Sonata Admin Bundle (had to fight a bit to understand that composer command should be launced from web_root/Symfony folder) I've noticed the error No route found for "GET /" when trying to access web_root/app_dev.php on my local machine (as I said it was working before the Admin Bundle).
I've tried few fixes with no luck. Even fresh install (on the same folder and on a new folder!)... Any clue?

What i've noticed is that my routing.yml file is completely blank, is that normal?

Thaks all (and see you soon... yes, that's a threat! ;) )
angelogrieco

Re: No route found for "GET /" on app_dev.php

by angelogrieco » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:33 pm

UPDATE:
After I realised 2.5.* is a short supported dev version I've decided to go for v2.3.* (16 current) and everything is fine now.
Let's give Sonata AdminBundle a go now...
angelogrieco

by kasmondo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:38 am

Hi,

I'm new to Symfony and have it installed on Mac OS (Maverick).

I went with 2.5 and also got the same if not identical message after starting the server (php app/console server:run &) in the web brower:

"No route found for "GET /"
404 Not Found - NotFoundHttpException
1 linked Exception: ResourceNotFoundException

[2/2] NotFoundHttpException: No route found for "GET /"
in /Users/Me/myproject/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/EventListener/RouterListener.php at line 145

[1/2] ResourceNotFoundException:
in kernel.root_dir/cache/dev/appDevUrlMatcher.php at line 138

Errors:

1. ERROR - Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Exception\NotFoundHttpException: "No route found for "GET /"" at /Users/Me/myproject/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/EventListener/RouterListener.php line 145

Did you get this?

Before I consider 2.3, is there anyone who can shed some light on how to correct this issue? :?~:-?~:???:

Thanks!
kasmondo

by kasmondo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Update:

There appears to be other people who are experience similar issues with 2.5 on OSX. The common theme is to install 2.3. :?

I have done this now and all is working well except with the exception of a few warnings (Intl and PHP accelerator). The welcome page in the web browser (Safari) starts fine. :D

Perhaps in time, someone can shed light on the issues found in 2.5 for future build installations.
kasmondo