This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Symfony2 blank page even in dev mode on production server

Discuss installing Symfony 2 here

Symfony2 blank page even in dev mode on production server

by phpcoder » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Please help! I uploaded whole content of my procjet to server web dir (it means in that web dir are dirs like 'app', 'web', 'vendor' etc). Now i try to access the web-page like this: http://www.myproject.com/web/app_dev.php (i disabled check for localhost in app_dev.php). All i see is blank page. Not a single error. Source of the page is also blank. No logs at all (0777 permission is set). I start to love symfony2. As they say it's only 10 minutes to start with your first symfony2 procjet. In reality it take hours and hours for all these issues. Anyway, any help is appreciated!

This is what config.php tells:

Welcome!

Welcome to your new Symfony project.

This script will guide you through the basic configuration of your project. You can also do the same by editing the ‘app/config/parameters.yml’ file directly.
Major problems

Major problems have been detected and must be fixed before continuing:

Set the "date.timezone" setting in php.ini* (like Europe/Paris).

Recommendations

Additionally, to enhance your Symfony experience, it’s recommended that you fix the following:

Install PHP 5.4.11 or newer if your project uses the logout handler from the Symfony Security Component.
Install PHP 5.3.18+ or PHP 5.4.8+ if you want nice error messages for all fatal errors in the development environment.
Set short_open_tag to off in php.ini*.

* Changes to the php.ini file must be done in "/var/www/conf/web65/php.ini".

Is it possible that blank page is due to "Set the "date.timezone" setting in php.ini* (like Europe/Paris)." error ?

I also noticed that sceipt doesn't go further that "Debug::enable();" line at app_dev.php

And in app.php it stops at "$response = $kernel->handle($request);" line
phpcoder

Re: Symfony2 blank page even in dev mode on production serve

by phpcoder » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:28 am

got error on screen after adding

Code: Select all
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');

to app.php (NOT app_dev.php) at top.
phpcoder