This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

symfony task log

Requests for new symfony features.

symfony task log

by ivoba » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:59 pm

hi
i just wondered if theres already a way to log ones console commands for symfony.
i use to create a -commands- file somewhere where i store common task calls manually for a project so i can recall them easy after a few days break.

i mean tasks like:
php symfony propel:generate-module --with-show backend main job
are not so easy to remember (for me) ;)~ ;-)~ :wink:
and i think its annoying to check the manual each time again

and after some weeks break the bash history (history | grep symfony) is useless also

it would also be more easy to share the calls with your fellow devs

any ideas?
ivoba

Re: symfony task log

by alvarola » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:03 am

Mmmnnnn I think maybe you need a little more practice, i've been working like a year with symfony developing daily and at first it was madness to remember all those mile-long-names , but once you get use to them, there is fewer and fewer need to check the manual (they are quite expressive if you look think about it). Please dont get me wrong, i dont whant to disscourage a revision and some structued way to build macro commands on symfony, but they are quite plataform dependant.

Maybe, a task that generates bash o ini files that put togheter some sf commands could be done, but once again, that task cuold get pretty ugly in a very short time (i mean about options and names) so you once again get the same problem.

Hope this helps.
alvarola

by halfer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Bear in mind OP asked this 10 months ago - they're probably no longer waiting for an answer ;)
halfer
Faithful Member

by ivoba » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:27 pm

indeed :)
but thanks anyway

btw its still an issue, a slight one thou
yes its true if you workin constantly on a project the commands go easy off the hand after some time

but to prepare for long breaks and new members on the project i still do the manual way with the text file
that goes with into versioning and again 30 seconds won :)
ivoba