I have a question concerning virtual hosts in Symfony. Let me explain.
I have installed Xampp on windows xp. There was no problem with that. After installation http://localhost
showed me the introduction page of xampp where i could play with the configuration.
After that, i installed Symfony via PEAR. Also no problem. I created a new project Test and a new application TestApp. Still no problem.
When i surfed to http://localhost/Test/web/frontend_dev.php/
it showed me the welcom page of symfony but with no css and images. On the website they said i must configure a virtual server. I did that like they said on the website. I have added in http.conf the following
Alias /sf "C:/php5/pear/data/symfony/web/sf"
Allow from All
Allow from All
When i now go to http://localhost/Test/TestApp/web/frontend_dev.php/
is shows me a 404 not found.
If i go to http://localhost
it shows me the symfony welcome page, now with the css and the images. But no more the welcome page of Xampp. It also works when i go to http://localhost/frontend_dev.php/
Now i have a few questions:
- Can someone explain me shortly how this process works of virtual hosts
- How comes that localhost gives me now the welcome page of symfony and not the welcome page of xampp?
- Can i configure it so that when i go to http://localhost
i see the xampp welcom page, and when i go to http://localhost/Test
i see the symfony page? Or something like that.
- What if i want to create a second project? How can i access it, via which url?
- How can i distinguish different applications in one project? http://localhost/Project/app1 http://localhost/Project/app2
Thank you in advance