This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

build-model pake error

Installation and environment issues, mainly on 1.x but there's some 2.x here too.

build-model pake error

by santuri » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:19 am

I have been trying to get symfony working for some time now. It seems like every time I get a little bit closer and then something else goes wrong.

I am following the blog tutorial and got to the part where I have to run the build-model script. My schema is in place but when I run the script, this is what I get:

C:\wamp\php>cmd
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\wamp\php>cd ../www/sfprojects/myproj

C:\wamp\www\sfprojects\myproj>symfony build-model

Warning: pakePhingTask::call_phing(phing.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\php\PEAR\pake\tasks\pakePhingTask.class.php on line 3

Warning: pakePhingTask::call_phing(): Failed opening 'phing.php' for inclusion (
include_path='C:\wamp\php\pear/symfony;C:\wamp\php\PEAR/../l ib;C:\wamp\php\..\li
b;.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\php\PEAR\pake\tasks\pakePhingTask.class.php on lin
e 38
ERROR: pake - You must install Phing to use this task. (pear install http://phing.info/pear/phing-current.tgz)

Line 38 looks like it calls phing.php just fine. Any advice?
santuri

Re: build-model pake error

by santuri » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:47 am

Quick Update on the situation. I reinstalled WAMP and went through the pear, symfony, and phing installation again, hoping that something would be different. Take a look at my Phing.php file.

Includes:
require_once 'phing/Project.php';
require_once 'phing/ProjectComponent.php';
require_once 'phing/Target.php';
require_once 'phing/Task.php';

Does PEAR automatically screw up the installation because I haven't set up my includes directly in the first place? Why would a file in the phing directory try to include things in a phing/phing directory?
santuri