This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Manual Installation Error - sfAutoloadConfigHandler

Installation and environment issues, mainly on 1.x but there's some 2.x here too.

Manual Installation Error - sfAutoloadConfigHandler

by joesimms » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:36 pm

Hi Fabien / All

Thanks for producing such a great framework.

I saw a post mentioning the following, but thought i'd create a new post as it wasn't clear to me whether or not the response was relating directly to this exact error.

Following your instructions on the website for manual installation, instead of creating a project myself, i downloaded the askeet project via SVN. I then copied this to the following directory:

http://localhost/askeet

(please note the path to localhost is c:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs, my os is windows XP)

I don't want to do a PEAR install yet, as i'll be testing this on a shared server environment as many of my existing customers are already on this type hosting.

As mentioned in your instructions i then copied the data and lib directories accordingly to get:

c:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\lib\symfony\(creole, i18n etc)

and also

c:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\data\symfony\symfony\(bin, config, data etc)

(Is it correct to have a symfony dir within another as above. If you do follow your instructions exactly, then this is what you get as the contents of the data directory in the archive has a symfony directory witin it, and your instructions inform us to copy the contents of the data directory within the archive into the a newly created symfony directory in the data directory of the remote project.)

When i then try and run http://localhost/askeet/web/index.php in a browser i get the following errors:

Code: Select all
Warning: sfAutoloadConfigHandler::execute(pake/pakeFinder.class.php) [function.execute]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\askeet\lib\symfony\symfony\config\sfAutoloadConfigHandler.class.php on line 82

Fatal error: sfAutoloadConfigHandler::execute() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'pake/pakeFinder.class.php' (include_path='C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\askeet\lib;C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\askeet/lib/symfony;C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\askeet\frontend\lib;C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\askeet\model;.;c:\apachefriends\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\askeet\lib\symfony\symfony\config\sfAutoloadConfigHandler.class.php on line 82

Any help / feedback on this would be very useful. Please forgive me if this has already been dealt with but i cannot find how to rectify this.

Many thanks

Joe
joesimms

Re: Manual Installation Error - sfAutoloadConfigHandler

by fabien » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:06 pm

If you didn't install symfony as a PEAR package, you must also download the pake package. Symfony needs the pake package to run.

Perhaps we have to make it clear in the documentation.
fabien
Faithful Member

by joesimms » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:56 pm

I have downloaded the pake package (as i am deliberately not relying on access to the PEAR library, and working on the assumption of a shared hosting environment), whereabouts in my project structure should i place the pake download. I am guessing it would be in lib/pake.

The pake download as you know, is the following structure:
bin/
lib/
LICENCE

So i copied the directory lib/pake of the pake download, into myproject/lib/symfony/ and also tried it in myproject/lib/. My initial instinct was to place it under myproject/lib/symfony/ as this is where the propel and creole dirs are, which are external libs, therefore i left it in this directory.

Either way i no longer get the errors above. What is the prefered/recommended directory

I do think that it would be really useful to point this out clearly, or as the PEAR installer automatically installs this, it may be useful to include this in the manual installation archive, as you do the external creole and propel libs.

Also, will we need to manually install phing, and if so where should we do so, apologises if this sounds like a silly question, but this framework uses many external libs that i am currently unfamiliar with (but eager to learn about)?

Many thanks

Joe
joesimms

by fabien » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:38 pm

myproject/lib/symfony/ is the best place to have pake and the same goes for phing as well.

I will change the installation documentation ASAP.
fabien
Faithful Member

by simonbun » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:10 pm

I have done what you are trying to do and it works fine. Just copy the pake directory where fabien said and symfony will work as normal in your local environment.
simonbun
Faithful Member

by joesimms » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:14 pm

This is working great now, thanks.

I cannot seem to get the command line working though. I am running windows XP, but if i launch the command tool and navigate to the project root directory and type symfony and an allowed command, its doesn't recognise symfony!

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I understand that in a true shared environment you wouldn't be able to access the command line anyhow. Can you therefore only use the command line in a PEAR install, this would make sense. My problem though in the case is generating om and schema etc, without the command line tool. I've posted an idea in the discussion section, and feedback welcome.

Thanks.
joesimms

by simonbun » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:47 pm

I'm not sure if the symfony command works if you haven't installed through pear. But just to make sure, see to it that the symfony.bat file is accessible through the system path. In my setup this file resides in my php dir @ c:\xampp\php, but this depends on your own setup ofcourse.

In windows xp you can set the path by going to:
'configuration>system'
'advanced' tab
'environment variables'
'system variables'
then in the 'variable' column theres an entry called 'path'. Edit this entry and make sure the directory leading to symfony.bat is in it.

Hope this helps :)~ :-)~ :smile:
simonbun
Faithful Member

by fabien » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:48 am

You can read the http://www.symfony-project.com/trac/wiki/InstallingSymfonyWi thoutPear on the wiki to install the command line tools witout PEAR and read the http://www.symfony-project.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&got o=972&#msg_972 forum entry to see how to call the command line tool from the web.
fabien
Faithful Member