This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Setting up Symfony 2.1.2 in parallel with other systems

Installation and environment issues, mainly on 1.x but there's some 2.x here too.

Setting up Symfony 2.1.2 in parallel with other systems

by aaclark » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to install Symfony 2 in parallel with other systems. The web root directory contains a multitude of different websites and web apps. I'm quite new to Symfony but was sold on it after a little research. Hopefully my faith isn't misplaced. Since I was not the first developer to be hired for a project on this site, I don't want my interest in Symfony to interfere with the existing directory structure. However, since I'll probably be working on a few different projects, I want to install Symfony in a way that lets me use the framework at my discretion, without needing to put all of my projects inside Symfony's directories.

In other words, I'd like to do this:
Code: Select all
root/
|---a_proj/
|---b_proj/
|---e_proj/
|---frameworks_and_cms/
|   |---symfony/
|   |   |---<symfony directories>
|   |   
|   |---drupal/
|   |   |---<drupal directories>
|   |   
|   |---<other frameworks>
|
|---web/
     |---myproject1/
     |   |---<symfony implementation>
     |   
     |---myproject2/
     |   |---<drupal implementation>
     |
     |---myproject3/
          |---<symfony implementation>

I'd like to make it easy for whomever becomes responsible for the projects after me to configure web addresses and directories with relative ease, and to create new Symfony implementations and configurations without touching the main Symfony directory. Any suggestions and information on would be helpful. I haven't installed Symfony yet, as I want to make sure I won't break it by doing this.
aaclark