This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Missing Sfcore after moving to another server

Installation and environment issues, mainly on 1.x but there's some 2.x here too.

Missing Sfcore after moving to another server

by Susa » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:42 am

Hello,

I have no experiences with Symfony, but because of circumstances I need to move an old website built with Symfony 1 to a new server and get it to run there (under a new domain-name).
I set up a new LAMP server with Debian, installed Symfony 1.4 after the tutorial in the Symfony 1. Legacy documentation.
I made a new project and moved all the files from the old server into the new project. I copied my database and changed config.php and database.yml to fit my new configurations. I set up all persmissions and I can reach the test-files in my project directory.

But once I want to reach the symfony page itself, I get an PHP error that he can't reach the file SfCore.class.php. Now, I looked the path up, it doesn't exist. I searched for the file if I have to change the path in my configuration but the file doesn't exist on the server as well. The folder it should be in (/util/) also isn't there.

I can only guess that I installed Symfony wrong, or that I have to install plugins or an library that isn't in the tutorial. Can someone give me a hint what I did wrong?
Susa