This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function form_tag() in C:\ams\apps\frontend\modules\user\templates\lo

Discussion around this tutorial for symfony 1.0.x

Fatal error: Call to undefined function form_tag() in C:\ams\apps\frontend\modules\user\templates\lo

by vineetdaniel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:04 pm

why am I getting this error????

Fatal error: Call to undefined function form_tag() in C:\ams\apps\frontend\modules\user\templates\loginSuccess.php on line 1

any clues.
vineetdaniel

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function form_tag() in C:\ams\apps\frontend\modules\user\template

by albert25 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:25 pm

you have to write <php use_helper('Form') ?> in the first line of your template
albert25

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function form_tag() in C:\ams\apps\frontend\modules\user\template

by halfer » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:17 pm

What version of symfony are you using? There is a sticky note in the forum to point out it was developed for symfony 1.0, and has not been updated since. It could be made to work in symfony 1.2 in compat mode, but new users should not attempt this - some modifications would be necessary.
halfer
Faithful Member

by padma » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi,

I am having the same problem.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function form_tag() in /home/padmagc/sfprojects2/timsCore/apps/frontend/modules/fit Login/templates/loginSuccess.php on line 2
I am using symfony 1.2.4.Have you fixed or not?

Please help to fix this issue.

Regards,
padma
Padma G.C.
padma

by halfer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:51 pm

halfer wrote: but new users should not attempt this

If you are a highly experienced PHP programmer, you could give this a go (and it would be easier on 1.0.x), but personally I don't think there is much value in doing so when Jobeet is available.
halfer
Faithful Member

by halfer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:53 pm

padma wrote: I am using symfony 1.2.4.Have you fixed or not?

Not. For the reasons above, I don't believe anyone intends to, either. If you particularly want Askeet working on 1.2.x for its functionality rather than to learn symfony, you could either give it a go, knowing that you might not get much support, or pay someone to assist you (see symfonians.net).
halfer
Faithful Member

by bharathj86 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:46 am

for this error, we need to add some syntax
1) in projectconfiguration.class.php
comment this line $this->enableAllPluginsExcept(array('sfDoctrinePlugin', 'sfCompat10Plugin'));
and add this line:
$this->enableAllPluginsExcept(array('sfDoctrinePlugin'));

2)in settings.yml
add this line after .settings:
eg.
.settings:
compat_10: on
bharathj86