This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Askeet( day 3 ) in Symfony-1.1.0

Discussion around this tutorial for symfony 1.0.x

Askeet( day 3 ) in Symfony-1.1.0

by sisko » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi guys,

In my desperation to get into Symfony, I've been following the askeet tutorial with Symfony-1.1.0

We all know the askeet tutorial is meant for the previous version of symfony but .. I'm desperate.

On day 3, in the "Define test data" section after creating the fixture folder and putting in the test_data.yml file. And also manually creating the Batch folder and putting in load_data.php .... I go into the Batch directory and run the load_data.php script and get the following error:

Code: Select all
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\wamp\www\askeet\apps\fr
ontend\config\config.php' (include_path='.;C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\pear') in C:
\wamp\www\askeet\batch\load_data.php on line 10

I checked and the config folder and script referred to above do not exist.

Can anyone please offer some help ?
sisko

Re: Askeet( day 3 ) in Symfony-1.1.0

by DBA_Alex » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Try loading your data with this:

Code: Select all
symfony propel-load-data frontend

I've found that using that command, I can see where I may have mistyped something, or if there is a formatting issue.

Hope this helps....
Currently Using
---------------------------
Symfony 1.4/Doctrine 1.2
MySQL 5.1
DBA_Alex
Faithful Member

Re: Askeet( day 3 ) in Symfony-1.1.0

by halfer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:51 am

My view is that, whilst an experienced symfony user might be able to persuade askeet to work on 1.1, someone new to the framework would not be well-advised to try it. I have very recently updated My First Project for 1.1 - it's 90% finished and is much more likely to work for beginners than askeet, presently. Perhaps you could give that a go?
halfer
Faithful Member