This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Has anyone been able to get the Askeet demo to work?

Discussion around this tutorial for symfony 1.0.x

Has anyone been able to get the Askeet demo to work?

by mannerv » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Okay, I already made a topic about the Askeet demo in the general forums.

I notice there are many people here with problems and I am seeing a lot of warnings about minor tweaking.

So, as a question, has anyone been able to get the Askeet demo to actually work with Symfony 1.0?

If not, is it still possible to install a version of the Symfony framework (which version? 0.?) and a PHP version with which it is possible to install the demo with relative ease?

As far as I understand, someone in the sticky thread has gotten to Day 16 but got stuck there.

I am asking this because I am not a technically oriented person myself but someone who would like to make a question and answer site for a money-saving website. However, the site I am about to do is not commercial so I have no money to buy outside programming.

I have previously done one "dynamic" website related to money-saving where people can report about broadband prices. There I did some relatively easy programming tasks in ASP.NET, but that is pretty much it.
mannerv

Re: Has anyone been able to get the Askeet demo to work?

by halfer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Please keep all related questions on one thread, to aid future readers:

http://www.symfony-project.org/forum/index.php/t/17626/

Could respondents answer on that thread - thanks.
halfer
Faithful Member