This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

askeet 12 chapter email problem

Discussion around this tutorial for symfony 1.0.x

askeet 12 chapter email problem

by guyensymfony » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:45 pm

Followed exactly the instruction on askeet symfony 1.0 tutorial but when I send email I get following error on the next page:

I set the
dev:
deliver: field to on
to enable actual e-mail sending in the mailer.yml. anyhelp on how to solve it appreciated. thanks!!!

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:25 (Connection refused) in /usr/share/php/symfony/vendor/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 105

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/php/symfony/vendor/phpmailer/class.smtp.php:105) in /usr/share/php/symfony/exception/sfException.class.php on line 101
guyensymfony

Re: askeet 12 chapter email problem

by halfer » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:48 pm

You are unable to connect to your SMTP server from your web server. Either you have the SMTP server address wrong, a firewall rule needs adjusting, or your SMTP server is not running.
halfer
Faithful Member

by guyensymfony » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:23 pm

thanks man
can u give me a more detailed explanation of what to do?
where do I setup the smtp server? or found out the firewall rule?
I havent setup my domain name yet for the project I am working on, so I thought to use just my hotmail or gmail account temporarily during development. Is it possible?
guyensymfony

by halfer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:20 pm

It is not really possible to give more information here, as there are too many permutations. Are you working on your local machine? If so, either configure up a local SMTP server (do a web search for how to do that - should be quite easy if you're on Linux), or change your SMTP settings in Askeet so that it uses your ISP's SMTP server.
halfer
Faithful Member

by halfer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:22 pm

Incidentally if you use gmail then I believe the SMTP server is publicly accessible, if properly authenticated. It might be easiest to use that, and then ensure that your computer is online when you carry out the email function.
halfer
Faithful Member