This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Problems following the Askeet Tutorial

Discussion around this tutorial for symfony 1.0.x

Problems following the Askeet Tutorial

by Hitrix » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:49 am

Hey guys,

first of all I have to say I'm a total newbie to the symfony framework so please be patient with me ;)
I just completed the first day and now it starts gettin difficult at day two...
I want to create my MySQL Database via Symfony with the command "symfony propel:build-schema" but then I get these errors:
Code: Select all
symfony propel:build-all

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/lib/php/symfony/config/sfRootConfigHandler.class.php on line 91

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/lib/php/symfony/config/sfDefineEnvironmentConfigHandler.class.php on line 66
>> propel    Running "om" phing task
Execution of target "check-buildprops" failed for the following reason: /usr/lib/php/symfony/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/propel-generator/build.xml:48:16: Missing configuration file (see description above).

BUILD FAILED
/usr/lib/php/symfony/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/propel-generator/build.xml:48:16: Missing configuration file (see description above).
Total time: 0.0533 seconds

/usr/lib/php/symfony/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/propel-generator/build.xml:48:16: Missing configuration file (see description above). 

Buildfile: /usr/lib/php/symfony/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/propel-generator/build.xml
[resolvepath] Resolved /Users/kevin/Sites/sfprojects/sf_1/config to /Users/kevin/Sites/sfprojects/sf_1/config

propel-project-builder > check-project-or-dir-set:

propel-project-builder > check-project-set:

propel-project-builder > set-project-dir:

propel-project-builder > check-buildprops-exists:

propel-project-builder > check-buildprops-for-propel-gen:

propel-project-builder > check-buildprops:

[echo] =====================================================
     [echo] Could not open propel.ini file:
     [echo]   /Users/kevin/Sites/sfprojects/sf_1/config/propel.ini
     [echo] 
     [echo] Make sure that '/Users/kevin/Sites/sfprojects/sf_1/config' is a valid path
     [echo] and that it contains a propel.ini file.
Kevins-MacBook-Pro:sf_1 kevin$ symfony propel:build-schema>> propel    Running "reverse" phing task
Execution of target "check-buildprops" failed for the following reason: /usr/lib/php/symfony/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/propel-generator/build.xml:48:16: Missing configuration file (see description above).

BUILD FAILED
Total time: 0.0564 seconds

Buildfile: /usr/lib/php/symfony/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/propel-generator/build.xml
[resolvepath] Resolved /Users/kevin/Sites/sfprojects/sf_1/config to /Users/kevin/Sites/sfprojects/sf_1/config

propel-project-builder > check-project-or-dir-set:

propel-project-builder > check-project-set:

propel-project-builder > set-project-dir:

propel-project-builder > check-buildprops-exists:

propel-project-builder > check-buildprops-for-propel-gen:

propel-project-builder > check-buildprops:

[echo] Could not open propel.ini file:
     [echo]   /Users/kevin/Sites/sfprojects/sf_1/config/propel.ini
     [echo] 
     [echo] Make sure that '/Users/kevin/Sites/sfprojects/sf_1/config' is a valid path
     [echo] and that it contains a propel.ini file.
     [echo] =============================

I hope you guys can help me with this problem... and by the way I'm running the symfony framework on a iMAC with XAMPP.

Hitrix
Hitrix

Re: Problems following the Askeet Tutorial

by halfer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:33 am

Just checking, you are using symfony 1.0, aren't you? The Askeet tutorial only works on version 1.0, which won't receive any new bug fixes.

However if you are sure you want to learn this older version, you can still get help for it here!
halfer
Faithful Member

by Hitrix » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:28 pm

no I'm using Symfony v1.4. Is there a good tutorial for the newest version using propel instead of doctrine?
Anyway... can anyone help me with my problem?
Hitrix

by lucasaba » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 pm

The tutorial: http://www.symfony-project.org/jobeet/1_4/Propel/en/

And, wich version of PHP are you using ? Did you check your php.ini file ?
It is easier to move a problem around (for example, by moving the problem to a different part of the overall network architecture) than it is to solve it.
6th truth - rfc1925
lucasaba

by halfer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:42 pm

I did mark this forum with a sticky note ;)

As per @lucasaba, try Jobeet - this is available in both Propel and Doctrine versions. If you get stuck, I have added a tarball with the first 10 days in it, for Propel, in the Jobeet forum. But do try it yourself first :)
halfer
Faithful Member

by Hitrix » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:21 pm

thanks a lot so far for your help guys!

I'm using PHP Version 5.3.1 and here you can view my php.ini file:

http://pastie.org/1120890
Hitrix

by halfer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:36 am

Would you confirm that you are (a) persisting with Askeet, and that (b) you have downloaded symfony 1.0.x?

If you could supply your /config/propel.ini file here, in code tags, that would be of help. Your major error is "missing configuration file" and that needs to be what is sorted out. (Try googling for it as well).
halfer
Faithful Member