This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

OpenEats

Other symfony projects

OpenEats

by lynx » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:13 pm

I was surprised to see that OpenEats was mentioned to in the Week of Symfony email. Not sure how I was even found. All the orignal developers left mostly because of my decision to go with Symfony as the framework. They could not devote the time to learn Symfony or go through the tutorials. With that said I am still happy about my choice of using Symfony over straight PHP. The project is a long long way from being done, especially now that it is only me, and I have only a few hours a week to put towards it, and in the process I am learning Symfony. If anyone has the spare time to offer suggestions, or help I would appreciate it. The UI of the site right now is terrible because I have spent zero time on that. And keep in mind this is my first Symfony project and I am learning Symfony as I go, so some code, and placement of code may not be correct.
lynx

Re: OpenEats

by lynx » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:46 pm

OpenEats has come along way over the last few weeks; however I am hesitant to release anything. It appears someone registered the domain name OpenEats.com and placed my logo on it, that they retrieved from SourceForge’s SVN repository. I can not get in contact with this domain owner either. Has for some reason some one here registered this domain name? Or have suggestions on what I can do about this apparent squatter?
lynx

by Draven » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:17 pm

Wow that's pretty rude of someone. I sincerely hope it wasn't anyone here that did that.
Draven
Faithful Member

by smallbeer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:13 pm

contact dreamhost, their host.
smallbeer
Faithful Member

by lynx » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:18 pm

I plan on doing so, once I get with the graphic person that created the logo, so that I have proof of when the logo was created.
lynx

by lynx » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:44 pm

I am proud to announce the first public available version of OpenEats located at http://oecode.openeats.org This project is only 15% done and has a long long way to go. It only has a few basic features of what I plan for it. However I wanted to get what I have done thus far out there and see what everyone thinks. This is my first project, and my first time using Symfony so I know I have a long way to go but it has been fun learning everything as I work on this project
lynx

by COil » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:31 am

Translation will be made ?
COil
Faithful Member

by lynx » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:25 pm

As of right now I am on the only developer and can only speak one language, if there becomes an intrest in having other languages and people to help translate it then yes I will put that in.
lynx

Re: OpenEats First Beta is out

by lynx » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:22 am

I am proud to announce the first beta of OpenEats version 1.0 Beta 2 which you can read more about here http://openeats.wordpress.com/2008/11/30/openeats-releases-f irst-beta/ The CSS is a bit messed up for I am not that great at it, and am actively looking for someone to help clean up my design mess prior to the 1.0 stable release. On a related note, how do you go about advertising your opensource site? I want to get OpenEats name out there to users, in hopes of finding people to play with the software and give me feed back or maybe even help improve the software.
lynx