This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

CMS

Other symfony projects

CMS

by nottavi » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:34 pm

This website has been developed with Symfony.

So I assume some interesting modules and arhitecture have been defined to achieve this.

So my question is: would it be possible to extract some modules and tutorials that could give a start to a CMS tool based on Symfony ?

Regards,
N.
nottavi

Re: CMS

by francois » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:05 pm

Nope. The symfony project website is not open-source.

But there are a couple devs out there developing their own CMS. Maybe you should pop up in the IRC channel or do a search in the forum to see who can be contacted about that.
francois
Faithful Member

by Alexey Lapusta » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:59 pm

Any news?

I tried to ask on the IRC channel bout CMS based on symfony, but got no result. I am looking for anything like radiantcms.org ...
Alexey Lapusta

by halfer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:58 pm

I don't want to put people off a symfony-based CMS, but the likes of Drupal and Mambo are extremely mature, and it will take years of development effort to get to the same place. It might be worth looking at how symfony can be coupled with the backend of another CMS to edit content, without achieving full framework integration.
halfer
Faithful Member

by Draven » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:06 pm

While you could do some basic CMS functionality in symfony fairly quickly, I'd have to agree with Halfer that a full featured system the likes of Drupal, Mambo and the rest, would take a great deal of time.
Draven
Faithful Member

by tuct » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:34 pm

i think that with the new plugin system it should be more easy to use code across projects and to share a good component with the community
tuct

by halfer » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:26 am

Out of interest, I stumbled on this page recently, which appears to illustrate CMS-like functionality within the Seagull framework (I've no experience with it, though).

I've historically tended to see frameworks and CMSs as targetting fairly separate audiences, but it would be interesting to see what lightweight content management might be possible in symfony, especially with the recently redeveloped plug-in mechanism.
halfer
Faithful Member

by pezetgee » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:03 pm

seagull released CMS 1.0 Community Edition end of last year: http://www.seagullproject.org/publisher/articleview/action/v iew/frmArticleID/77/
pezetgee
Faithful Member