This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

New symfony site, Tech Limelight

Other symfony projects

New symfony site, Tech Limelight

by MMacLeod » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi guys, I will soon be launching a new website - techlimelight.com. It's built with symfony 1.4 and incorporates tons of advanced features. It incorporates features from Wikipedia, Digg, Twitter, and a whole bunch of new awesomeness. While the site is not live just yet, I am accepting beta submissions on the front page.

What it is:
It is a community driven and moderated site. Users can submit a wealth of content: news stories, product information to wikis, product specifications, product pros/cons, product reviews, and much more. All of this information is organized around single areas called limelights. Each limelight represents a single product or company. Everything a user submits can be rated other users, which in turn affects the contributors account score.Everything can be intelligently sorted and organized. Users can follow specific users and limelights to create a custom stream of news and other information related directly to the products, technologies, and companies they are interested in. There are many more features, comparison tools, powerful search, a revenue sharing system for users, and more.

If you're intersted in learning more about the project, please sign up for the beta at techlimelight.com and comment below. I'd love to chat about it!

I also have a new blog discussing the problem I'm attempting to solve with the website at blog.techlimelight.com.

My first article discusses one of the main problems tech limelight is attempting to solve: http://bit.ly/aRK3oy

Thanks to the symfony team for the framework, I've fallen in love with it over the past couple of years!
Marc
MMacLeod