This forum is in READ-ONLY mode.
You can look around, but if you want to ask a new question, please use Stack Overflow.

Symfony blog

Other symfony projects

Symfony blog

by COil » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:00 am

I was thinking that having a Symfony BLOG (sfBlog) would be really great, actually i'am using Dotclear on my blog and i have Sf apps on op of that... So it will would be really great to have the blog as a symfony application and to be able to build others application in the same project, anyone interested ? I could be a nice project/big plugin
COil
Faithful Member

Re: Symfony blog

by mikenolan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:30 pm

It does seem interesting although I'm not sure about a complete blogging platform in the short term - to match the features of WordPress with trackbacks, plugin system etc etc would take quite a lot of effort. Having an sfBlog plugin which could be dropped in and used for things like site news would be very useful though. sfBBPlugin seems like a good model to follow - building on sfGuardPlugin to handle permissions etc.
mikenolan
Faithful Member

by chtito » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:49 pm

There already exists such a project. It was called "entropy", if i remember correctly, and the project leader was Pierre Minnieur.
chtito
Faithful Member

by COil » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:26 am

I'd like to have more info from erestar about his sfBlogPlugin
COil
Faithful Member

by erestar » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:00 pm

Hi guys,
Sorry I haven't been on the forums much lately. Work is insane. I haven't done a single bit of work on the Blog since I initially commited it, though it is in a working state.

If anyone wants to check it out of subversion and play around with the modules, it's pretty self-explanatory. The main features it has are a tagging system and an authentication system ( with captcha validation).

I think everything will be apparent in terms of usage if you go through the code. You'll want to override a lot of the templates similar to how you override sfGuardAuth. Speaking of which, this DOES require sfGuard to be installed.

You can see it in action at http://dev.www.erestar.net/, which will be my homepage when I find a better design and get around to finishing it. All of the frontend features are illustrated, and the backend is pretty standard admin generation stuff.

You do need the GD2 library installed for the CAPTCHA stuff.

I'll try to free up some time in the near future to get things documented. I also want to add OpenId authentication for registration.

Please post here if you have any questions. I check my email more than I check the forums ;)~ ;-)~ :wink:
Jim Podroskey [www.pbtg.com]
erestar

by erestar » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:41 pm

Jim Podroskey [www.pbtg.com]
erestar