Snapshots for symfony 1.4 and Propel/Doctrine

Discussion around this tutorial for symfony 1.2-1.4

Snapshots for symfony 1.4 and Propel/Doctrine

Postby halfer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi all

Thought I would take my own advice and try building Jobeet from the tutorial documentation. Since I am a Propel user, I have chosen that variant, and I am snapshotting in svn as I go. If anyone using Propel gets stuck, they are welcome to download my tarball, in which the days are separately archived. But please do try the tutorial first without assistance!

At the time of writing this isn't complete, but I will be updating the archive as time goes on. Feel free to hassle me if you need a day that is not yet available :)

Edit: a Doctrine version has been added below.
Last edited by halfer on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Fix incorrectly converted emoticons
halfer
Faithful Member

Re: Snapshots for symfony 1.4 and Propel

Postby Emacs » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Nice initiative ;)
Hugo HAMON
Sensio Labs Trainings Manager
http://www.hugohamon.com (fr, en)
http://www.apprendre-php.com (fr)
Co-author of "Bien Développer en PHP avec Symfony et Doctrine"
Contributor to the symfony project (documentation, plugins, community)
Emacs
Faithful Member

Postby halfer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks. I intend to go back and finish it, but presently there aren't enough hours in the day ;)
halfer
Faithful Member

Postby claudia_k » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:27 am

Hi there

Following halfers example I have put up a read-only svn of my way through the jobeet tutorial with doctrine: http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/jobeet_symfony1_4/. Note that this is no replacement for doing the tutorial yourself - you will learn much more by trying everything yourself instead of just reading the finished code.

The svn is not complete yet, I'll add the last few missing days as soon as I'll do them (which might take a while). No guarantees for correctness - I did only test the stuff that was new to me or sounded interesting so there might be some mistakes in there. If you find any mistake just drop me a note via the forum and I'll fix them. In some cases I had to deviate from the tutorial a bit to get things working - most times I made a note of this in the svn commit message.

System set up: Symfony 1.4.6 with Doctrine as ORM, virtual host 'jobeet.lan'.

Some of the log and cache files managed to creep into the svn - just ignore them. Also the coding style is a bit of a mess - some code I just copied and some I typed myself and of course I forgot to reformat the code...

Note:
I did the tutorial on a windows machine which caused problems with the path to the autoloader in /config/ProjectConfiguration.class.php when deploying to a Linux server. If the same happens to you, change
Code: Select all
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/..\lib\vendor\symfony\lib/autoload/sfCoreAutoload.class.php';

to (note the slashes):
Code: Select all
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/../lib/vendor/symfony/lib/autoload/sfCoreAutoload.class.php';

I have also published each day of jobeet as website here: http://www.kosny.com/jobeet. Since this is my playground for playing with permissions, multiple symfony installations, tasks, cronjobs, apc, ... the website might be down sometimes though. Note that the website is not a direct copy of the svn - the directory structure and the database are different.

Hth

Claudia
claudia_k
Faithful Member

Postby halfer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Excellent, well done. Hopefully in a few weeks time, when I will have a lot more time on my hands going forward, I will be able to finish mine off :)
halfer
Faithful Member

Re: Snapshots for symfony 1.4 and Propel/Doctrine

Postby chirag » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:41 pm

hey

I am newbie to symfony and i have just started yesterday and i am following tutorials day 1 but i got stuck as I am not able to generate: project jobeet

any help as I have created folders C:\development\sfprojects\jobeet\lib\vendor\symfony \data\bin\symfony generate:project jobeet

and its not working any help would be appricated guys.. and php at the front? as on tutorial.. i have not been able use that function yet.

Thanks
chirag
chirag

Return to jobeet