accelerator for windows

Installation and environment issues, mainly on 1.x but there's some 2.x here too.

accelerator for windows

Postby dihackna » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:02 pm

I have symfony installed in windows and it works fine when I go here http://localhost:8080//frontend_dev.php/
I generated the data model but when I try to run http://localhost:8080//frontend_dev.php/ it times out and I have to restart php and apache.

I dont have an accelerator installed, could it be because of this? Which accelerator should I install on windows and how is it installed?

thank you
dihackna

Re: accelerator for windows

Postby dihackna » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I looked in the log and the last line that makes it into the log is this, then it times out. How can I fix this problem?

Dec 02 11:22:12 symfony [info] {Doctrine_Connection_Mysql} query : SELECT c.name AS c__name, c.id AS c__id, c.direccion AS c__direccion, c.ubicacion AS c__ubicacion, c.poblacion AS c__poblacion, c.provincia AS c__provincia, c.pais AS c__pais, c.grupo AS c__grupo, c.partner_sw AS c__partner_sw, c.acceder AS c__acceder, c.movi_butaca AS c__movi_butaca, c.movi_butaca3d AS c__movi_butaca3d, c.movi_print AS c__movi_print, c.link AS c__link, c.created_at AS c__created_at, c.updated_at AS c__updated_at, c.comentarios AS c__comentarios FROM cines c - ()
dihackna

Postby mfatrez » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:37 pm

dihackna wrote:I looked in the log and the last line that makes it into the log is this, then it times out. How can I fix this problem?

Dec 02 11:22:12 symfony [info] {Doctrine_Connection_Mysql} query : SELECT c.name AS c__name, c.id AS c__id, c.direccion AS c__direccion, c.ubicacion AS c__ubicacion, c.poblacion AS c__poblacion, c.provincia AS c__provincia, c.pais AS c__pais, c.grupo AS c__grupo, c.partner_sw AS c__partner_sw, c.acceder AS c__acceder, c.movi_butaca AS c__movi_butaca, c.movi_butaca3d AS c__movi_butaca3d, c.movi_print AS c__movi_print, c.link AS c__link, c.created_at AS c__created_at, c.updated_at AS c__updated_at, c.comentarios AS c__comentarios FROM cines c - ()

It's not an error : just an info

Have you define a module?
mfatrez

Postby halfer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:38 pm

How many rows would that fetch? Put that statement into your db directly, and find out using COUNT(*). If it's more than a hundred or so, consider using a pager or a limit statement.

APC or eAccelerator both work on Windows. Google "Windows APC" or "Windows eAccelerator" for how to install. FWIW, I quite liked eAccelerator on Windows, but then that's the only one I tried. However if you have a large dataset, then whilst an accelerator is advisable, it's not your primary problem.
halfer
Faithful Member

Postby dihackna » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:10 pm

There is only one row of data so that isnt the problem. The module was defined automatically when I did the generate I believe.
how can I debug why it times out there? it gets so hung up that I have to restart my pc because php and apache stop working and I cant restart them from the xampp .

by the way, once I have this working on my windows platform, will it be easy to move to a linux server?
dihackna

Postby dihackna » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:17 pm

the module was definitely setup , I did this php symfony doctrine:build --all
dihackna

Postby dihackna » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:04 pm

I mean I generated the modules like this:
symfony doctrine:generate-module --with-show --non-verbose-templates cines cines
dihackna

Postby xplo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 pm

hi,
no accelerator are required to run symfony.

os ?
php ?
database ?
is xdebug enabled ?

maybe you could try to remove your cache data manualy
xplo
Faithful Member

Postby halfer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:47 pm

You can develop on Windows and deploy on Linux, no problems. Obviously you need to manually ensure you don't use any Windows-only or Linux-only features, but there's not many of them. Don't forget that you can always create a Linux virtual machine on Windows if you want to do something that will only work on *nix.
halfer
Faithful Member

Return to Installation and setup